OLE DB Data Access Components
A feature-rich and high-performance library of components that provides data access for data sources exposed through OLE DB.
OLE DB Data Access Components (OLEDBDAC) is a feature-rich and high-performance library of components that provides data access for data sources exposed
through OLE DB from Delphi for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms. OLEDBDAC-based applications connects to any data source exposed through OLE DB using
the .NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB. OLEDBDAC aims to assist programmers in developing of fast and native database applications whose data source is
exposed through OLE DB. OLEDBDAC uses native OLE DB through COM interop to enable data access.
OLEDBDAC does not support OLE DB version 2.5 interfaces. OLE DB Providers that require support for OLE DB 2.5 interfaces will not function
correctly with the OLE DB Data Access Components. This includes the Microsoft OLE DB provider for Exchange and the Microsoft OLE DB provider for Internet Publishing.
OLEDBDAC does not work with the OLE DB provider for ODBC (MSDASQL). To access an ODBC data source use the ODBC Data Access Components.
OLEDBDAC-based DB applications are easy to deploy, requires installation of OLE DB providers, uses ADO.Net technologies
which makes it work faster than the ones based on standard Delphi data connectivity solutions.
This class is responsible for establishing connection with a data source through OLE DB provider.
This class is responsible for executing a Transact-SQL statement or stored procedure against a data source.
This class is responsible for providing a way of reading a forward-only stream of rows from a data source.
This class is responsible for filling Virtual Tables components with data and update a data source.
This class uses SQL statements to retrieve data from tables in a data source and pass it to one or more data-aware components through a TDataSource object.
This component provides a mechanism for updating data.
This class is responsible for retrieving and updating data in a single table in a data source without writing SQL statements.
This class is responsible for executing stored procedures and functions in a data source.
- Direct access to server data via OLE DB providers.
- Transmission is via XML format, therefore can pass through firewalls
- High overall performance
- High performance in batch processing. This is controlled by UpdateOptions.UpdateBatchSize property
- Support prefetching rows - specifies the number of rows that are to be fetched per server round trip. This is controlled by FetchOptions.RowsetSize property
- CachedUpdates operation mode which is controlled UpdateOptions.UpdateMode property
- Automatic data updating with TOleDbQuery, TOleDbTable, and TOleDbStoredProc components
- Fast data retrieval with TOleDbDataReader component or using Server CursorKind property of the TCustomDbDataSet
- Automatic record locking
- Automatic query preparing
- Data export and import to/from XML
- Easy to deploy
Microsoft-Supplied OLE DB Providers
Other OLE DB providers: The list of OLE DB providers
Any database using OLE DB provider
- Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo
- Embarcadero Delphi 10.2 Tokyo for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin
- Embarcadero Delphi 10.1 Berlin for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 Seattle
- Embarcadero Delphi 10 Seattle for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE8
- Embarcadero Delphi XE8 for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
- Embarcadero Delphi XE7 for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6
- Embarcadero Delphi XE6 for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5
- Embarcadero Delphi XE5 for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4
- Embarcadero Delphi XE4 for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE3
- Embarcadero Delphi XE3 for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2
- Embarcadero Delphi XE2 for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE
- Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2009