ODBC Data Access Components
ODBC Data Access Components (ODBCDAC) is a feature-rich and high-performance library of components that provides data access
for data sources exposed through ODBC. The components support both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. ODBCDAC-based applications connects
to any data source exposed through ODBC using the .NET Framework Data Provider for ODBC.ODBCDAC aims to assist programmers in developing
of fast and native database applications. ODBCDAC uses the native ODBC Driver Manager (DM) to enable data access. ODBCDAC uses the native
ODBC Driver Manager (DM) to enable data access.
ODBCDAC-based DB applications are easy to deploy, requires installation of ODBC drivers, uses ADO.Net technologies
and works faster than the ones based on standard Delphi data connectivity solutions.
ODBCDAC requires the x86 or x64 ODBC driver to be installed according to ODBC specification. Please see the following ODBC documentation:
This class is responsible for establishing connection with a data source through ODBC drivers.
This class is responsible for executing a Transact-SQL statement or stored procedure against a data source.
This class is responsible for providing a way of reading a forward-only stream of rows from a data source.
This class is responsible for filling Virtual Table components with data and update a data source.
This class uses SQL SQL statements to retrieve data from tables in a data source and pass it to one or more data-aware components through a TDataSource object.
This component provides a mechanism for updating data.
This class is responsible for retrieving and updating data in a single table in a data source without writing SQL statements.
This class is responsible for executing stored procedures and functions in a data source. Lets you edit cursor data returned as parameter.
- Direct access to server data via ODBC providers.
- Transmission is via XML format, therefore can pass through firewalls
- High overall performance
- High performance in batch processing. This is controlled by UpdateOptions.UpdateBatchSize property
- Support prefetching rows - specifies the number of rows that are to be fetched per server round trip. This is controlled by FetchOptions.RowsetSize property
- CachedUpdates operation mode which is controlled UpdateOptions.UpdateMode property
- Automatic data updating with TOdbcQuery, TOdbcTable, and TOdbcStoredProc components
- Fast data retrieval with TOdbcDataReader component or using Server CursorKind property of the TCustomDbDataSet
- Automatic record locking
- Automatic query preparing
- Data export and import to/from XML
- Easy to deploy
Microsoft-Supplied ODBC Drivers
- Microsoft Access Drivers
- Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)
- Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)
- Microsoft Excel Drivers
- Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)
- Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)
- Paradox Drivers
- Microsoft Paradox Driver (*.db)
- Dbase Drivers
- Microsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf)
- Text Files
- Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)
- ODBC Driver for Oracle
- Microsoft ODBC for Oracle
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server Native Client 11.0
- SQL Server Native Client 10.0
- SQL Native Client
- ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server
- SQL Server